Sunday, May 31, 2009

Muscle Rub Anyone???


While I was at an awards ceremony for #1 on Thursday, Miss Boo (#5) was being her mischievous little self at a friend's house, getting into cupboards and drawers and making messes. Evidently she found some 'muscle rub' and decided to taste it. She has been known to eat strange things in her day, like desitin diaper ointment, chapstick, makeup, ect. etc. After reading the label, we decided to call poison control and see if we should be worried. Well, after about 15 minutes of waiting... they told us to take her to the ER and have her checked out. Not knowing how much she actually ate, if any, I was hesitant to take her... Well.... not just hesitant.... I had a preschool graduation for #4 that started immediately... so being a bad Mom... I went to his graduation and then after much deliberating and persuasion by my own Mother... I took her in to the hospital. After about an hour of waiting... so much for this being a big emergency.... they gave her some charcoal... yum... yum... !! It was awful--- I have never seen anything so black-- and to force at least a 1/2 of a cup of it down her was nasty. I was surprised she didn't puke it out all over me. After that they took her blood... next, they said they would be back in TWO HOURS to take her blood again..... what was I suppose to do with Miss Busy for TWO more hours in that hospital room???? At least they could have given her a sedative... just kidding.... anyway trying to keep her on a hospital bed is like trying to keep a wild animal on your lap ---- IT DOESN'T WORK!!!! So I decided to walk the halls of the hospital until she fell asleep in the stroller. About a 1/2 hour after I got back and she was peacefully asleep-- the pathologist came back and said... "It's time to draw her blood again!" BUG!!! Oh well... she was nice and peaceful for a minute. Somewhere in the midst of all of this I talked Shane into coming to the hospital to hang out with us... it was nice to have his help!! Anyway... the end result was after yummy charcoal, two blood tests and five hours...... she was fine... no toxin's in her blood-- We did, however, get a lecture on 'child proofing' our home!!! Let that be a lesson to you to keep your MUSCLE RUB out of reach!!!! Fun Times!!!







2 comments:

  1. Nice, giving a lecture to a mother of FIVE kids about child proofing your home - that's funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Dr. Scrooge attitude of putting off going to the doctor. hahaha.

    ReplyDelete