Sunday, May 17, 2009

Happy Birthday Bubbee!! (aka #4)

#4 IS 4!!!!
I decided to do something 'exciting' for a birthday cake this year. Over the years I have made some pretty fun cakes... but this year was just going to do a boring old cake... then I got to thinking about how much #4 LOVES CARS.... he not only loves the movie 'Cars' but he LOVES matchbox cars and trucks and bikes and anything that has wheels. He probably has about a hundred or so and he also takes a couple of handfuls of them for show and tell EVERY WEEK at preschool!!!! I figured he would appreciate a FUN, CAR birthday cake... so I got online and looked up 'cars cake' and this is what I came up with... It all went pretty well until spoiler started to fall about 15 minutes before the party started. I guess it was too heavy with all of the gobs of frosting I had to put on to cover it!! Lucky for us... the clear tupperware container was able to hold it up pretty good!!

Needless to say he LOVED it!!!

It kindof resembles LIGHTNING MCQUEEN.... right????


He even helped me make it... a little....



He is all ready for his swimming party... not naked....



SWIM TIME!!!..sorta
We decided to have a swimming party because it was suppose to be in the 100's... who wants to play games outside in that heat??? It was interesting having 8 three and four year olds in the pool at the same time...for a party..... especially since only two of them know how to swim without a life jacket and only a couple more are even comfortable in the water in a life jacket!!! It looks more like we had a life jacket parade!!! Here are a few of them....Notice our cute little fish without his life jacket-- he is such a great swimmer... he LOVES swimming without it.. but we only let him take it off if Shane or I are in the pool!!


PINATA TIME!!!

Nothing like beating SPONGEBOB with a BAT!!! Wish I could have gotten in a couple swings.... I can't stand him!!!! They didn't even feel bad hitting the poor yellow spongey annoyance a million times.... it was GREAT!!! They all just wanted the candy afterwards...


CAKE TIME!!!


Look at that face.... PRICELESS!!!!



PRESENTS!!!!!

It was a great day.... he is such a joy to have in our family... he always makes us laugh and is constantly doing big kid things!! He is such a cutie!!! We LOVE you BUBBEE!!!

His fun filled day ended like this....

(you will need to scroll down to the bottom of the page and turn off the music on the player...)







5 comments:

  1. Thank you Jaycee for posting the bub page--I'm surpised the snoring video didn't pick you up laughing in the background! Shane

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fun birthday! Sara snores like #4.....but LOUDER. my room is next to hers, connected by a bathroom....yeah i can still hear her EVERY night even when the doors are closed. Happy Birthday #4!
    ~Kate B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely CUTE cake! What a great b-day for your adorable guy. Thanks for posting it!
    Sunny

    ReplyDelete
  4. what fun!! You did a great job on lightning McQueen. Boy #4 is growing up fast is sure is handsome and all boy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cake turned out awesome - you did a great job on it!! My Macie had so much fun at the party.

    ReplyDelete