Thursday, March 12, 2009

Motorcycle Pants!!!

We found these GREAT Motorcycle pants at the DI for $8.00!! The boys have been riding their motorcycle a lot lately, so they have come in very handy as 'cool', 'protective gear' for riding. The other morning, #1 comes in my room as he is getting ready for school wearing, yep, you guessed it, the motorcycle pants!! I questioned his apparel and asked if he was sure he wanted to wear them to MIDDLE SCHOOL! He assured me that they were a fine choice and that he likes them because they are cool and comfy. I again tried to sway his decision with, "are you sure-- I think the kids will make fun of you if you wear those." He confidently said it would be fine and that he wanted to wear them. He had on a dirty gray shirt from the day before and I talked him into at least changing his shirt-- The bright YELLOW shirt was a later addition to the ensemble I hadn't seen and I wasn't able to warn him about the combo!!!.... So off he went.... into the throngs of unrelentless and ruthless middle schoolers....
Later that day, as I am sitting in the car watching him walk towards me I see a large smirk on his face as he catches my eye. He jumps in the car and says, "I should have listened to you!!! EVERYONE noticed my pants. That was the longest day of my life!!!" I could not stop laughing as he told me the events of the day-- how he tried to hold his binder in front of his legs, how treacherous the walk in the seventh grade hallway was, how everyone would stop and stare and ask... 'are those motorcycle pants??', how he had to go up in FRONT the class and do some work on the chalk board, how ALL of the girls noticed... and on and on!! Not to mention the inconspicuous YELLOW shirt with the bright blue pants!! It was absolutely hilarious!! And all I could say was, 'I told you so!!'- all the while wanting to etch the sentence, "I should have listened to you!!" on a large plaque and hang it on the wall, so he would remember that Mom really does know a few things!!! Here is the unforgettable outfit!!


5 comments:

  1. I can only imagine the countless fashion faux pas so many children would have every day at school if it wasn't for caring mothers!! I'm sure he has learned his lesson!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is hilarious!! It only goes to show that MOMS ARE COOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot believe he wore that to school! I think even i would have laughed! :P
    ~Kate Ban

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so funny! But it sounds like he found the humor in it also. Whew!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jaycee! Funny story! My boys are big in to riding too. When they got their first gear (Kent found a complete set at the pawn shop for a decent price) they took turns wearing it. They'd set the timer and each of them would get 30 minutes to wear it. We still laugh at them over it. Fortunately for them, we home school so they didn't have to endure relentless teenagers mocking their fashion choice. It's so funny to see the influence of clothing. There must be an object lesson in that somewhere... Great story!

    ReplyDelete