Thursday, May 13, 2010

She's a Picker!!

Well, it all started the other day when our cute #5 decided to take a walk on the treadmill when no one else was around. We usually put the little magnetic key in one of the cup holders so she can't get to it... but I used the treadmill last and forgot to hide the key. I won't be repeating that mistake again any time soon. I was busy and didn't hear her but #2 heard her crying and went to rescue her... evidently she pushed the 'Go Way Too Fast For You' speed, crashed horribly and was scrambling to the door when #2 got to her. She was pretty scared and had a good rasberry on her arm and one on her nose... her upper lip swelled up really fast after that and she looked awful! Well we sat with ice on her lip for the next half hour until she felt better, then off she went... good as new. Well, the next morning, she had a lovely scab on her nose. She made it through the day fine, but later that night, while she was suppose to be going to sleep... she decided to pull off the scab.....EEEEWWWWWWWYYYYY!! Its gross, I know... But, she has proven to be a little picker in the past and I have been able to distract her or put long sleeves or pants on her until her wounds heal. But how do you hide a NOSE???? A bank robber mask, a lampshade- like the ones that they put on dogs, or just tell her not to do it...right!!! Well, I tried a bandaid last night and it was gone by morning... While we were running errands.. she decided to ... bug her poor little nose again.... I am really worried that she is going to have a yucky scar on her nose... so with the help of my Mom, I decided to tape some mittens on her hands during her nap.... WISH US LUCK!!! I will keep you posted!!
She is quite the site... I better not take her out in public like this!! I will get arrested!!

1 comment:

  1. OK that is so funny! I didn't even read the comentary and I was laughing so hard at the photos! looks like Shane's resourcefulness is rubbing off on you too! oh no! ha ha hope it works,
    P.S. I used to be a picker too- oops I still am, but only on my kids-YUCK!

    ReplyDelete