Sunday, October 25, 2009

Don't Sleep With Gum In Your Mouth!!!

It was bed time and #4 decided to sneak some gum without my knowledge.... So, in order to let him learn his lesson....I decided not to FORCE him to spit it out... but to let him use his agency!!! "Don't use the Lord's plan in the Devil's way," right??!! (ha-- he's four!!!) Anyway, I have told him this SEVERAL times before.... not to chew gum at night.... but, he swore he wouldn't get gum in his hair!! So, in order to let him learn for himself - I let him go to bed with his gum..... (we did brush his teeth first.. and it was sugar free gum.... still bad, but not horrible...)When he woke up the next day, he came downstairs and said in a very disgusted voice, "MOM SOMEONE SNEAKED INTO MY ROOM TRICKED ME AND PUT GUM IN MY HAIR!!!" I reminded him that HE chose to go to be with gum in his mouth and that it was HE was the only one to blame for having gum in his hair.... he was NOT impressed and rather angry at me for the whole situation!!! As if it was my fault ANYWAY!!!! So much for a lesson learned.... he still threw a fit and was still mad at me.... I should have forced him to spit it out the night before..... but then... I wouldn't have these hilarious pictures to share!!!!

This is the gum, after I added some shortening to get it LOOSE!!

He was NOT THRILLED that I was taking pictures and laughing!!!

Check out that EYE staring back at you..... hahahahaha!!! CLASSIC!!!

Aren't kids great??!!!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the laugh!!! hahaha Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right. If you had him spit it out we couldn't have enjoyed a good laugh with you. Thanks

    ReplyDelete