So, last week was one of those weeks that come along every so often, that you pray will not return for a VERY VERY LONG TIME!!! It all started on Sunday evening-- #3 was having a stomach ache and couldn't sleep then on Monday-- #2 woke up with a sore throat and a headache. No big deal, right... - well my recent 'neck/back' injury had me visiting the Neurologist on what I thought was Monday morning... so I leave at 7:30am to be at the Dr. for a some tests-- well, I get there to find out that my appointment is the following day!!! FUN FUN-- lame mistake-- well- at least I got an early start to my day. Not to mention, Shane had to leave town on Tuesday to return Thursday.... great timing, eh??? So, by Tuesday #2 is really feeling sick.. so we head back to the Neurologist at 7:30am for my real appointment... $50.00, then to the pediatrician for a sick visit $25.00. Sure enough-- STREP! So its to the pharmacy for some medicine $20.00. By Tuesday afternoon... I am feeling sick as well, but it's to the pool I go with a good dose of advil. The Wednesday I woke up with my neck and back hurting AGAIN. So... I make an appointment for the Chiropractor. Then ,Wednesday evening #1 is off to mutual on his bike because I am in the pool and Dad is out of town. A few minutes later he comes running through the gate with his face all bloody and crying in pain, muttering something about crashing and a towel and ....... so I hop out of the pool, among the friendly spectators and small children and take him into the house to check him out. It was playtime, luckily, so I had a few minutes... I give him several bags of ice for his wounds, some advil, have him lay down and tell him to stay there for an hour until I will be done with lessons. I give the rest of the kids instructions to get him whatever he needs and to let me know if anything crazy happens. Of course DAD is out of town.. so the kids are thinking he is going to DIE....he had a really nasty bump on the front of his head was bleeding from several places and was hurting everywhere. Evidently, he tied his towel onto the handle bars, which fell off and got stuck in the front tire. Well, he was bookin pretty fast, so, with his 'extreme' speed and the sudden stop of the front tire... he got to greet the pavement with his head and face. EEEKK... I checked on him several times that night to make sure he would wake up.... The next morning, I had #3 and #4 saying they had sore throats and a headache, so.... I took the youngest three kids to the Dr.!!! First we stopped at the Chiropractor for me.. $50.., then the pediatrician $75.oo. Sure enough, STREP!! So, back to the pharmacy for another $40.00 in medicine. After our Dr. visit, I get home to a dizzy and tired #1.... and not having enough time to take him to the Dr. before swim lessons, I have Dad take him to the Dr. when he gets home that evening....$50.00!!! Well, Shane has also been feeling sick all this time while out of town... so on Friday he's off to the Dr.. .. $25.00!! With $20.00 in medicine. Then, I get this great phone call from the Hospital saying that 'they are not a provider for our insurance'!!! WHAT??????? Why did they do a CAT scan and XRAYS if they don't take our insurance??? They said, 'by law, we are not allowed to discuss that in the ER.' Are you kidding??!!! How dumb is that!!!???? So, as a 'courtesy' they will bill our insurance.... but our insurance isn't obligated to pay!!! NICE!!!! So, our $50.00 copay might just be a small portion of what we get left with!!! Well -- I hope they are in a good mood when they get the bill for all of the stuff they did to #1-- turns out he is okay but had a concussion. I guess I should be thankful that we have Dr.s and medical care... but I am still adding up the $$$$$$!!! "It could be worse.... I could only have one eye!!!" Here is a picture of some of the DAMAGE!!!
(at least he has a smile!!) By the way, I went back to the Dr. on Monday for another $100.00!!!!
















Oh, Jaycee, I am sooooo sorry. What a nightmarish week!!!!!! It can only get better, right?
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness!! The whole insurance thing is just a great icing on all of it- I have a great love hate relationship with insurance! Hope everyone is recovering quickly!
ReplyDeleteMama said there would be days like this...
ReplyDeletewhat was the prognois on your back? I'm so glad K is ok. He must of been so scared.And when does school start for everyone?