It's Springtime in Vegas!!
We decided to try our first garden Las Vegas style!!! Small and with minimal expectations!!!
I have heard it is a difficult task in the scorching summer heat....
All of you country folk probably think this doesn't even count as a garden!! But, with our HUGE yard this is the best we could do. If it works out, we might expand onto bigger and better things next year. We did just see some carrots a friend's of ours planted in OCTOBER-- they actually look like they could be prize winning carrots-- they are huge...they grew all winter and didn't even die in the cold...who knew???
That is the fine work of Shane the Plumber!!
Now, our bountiful harvest won't be spoiled for lack of water!!!
That wrinkle nose face is a favorite of hers!!! Isn't she adorable!?!?
















I'm impressed! This is our new task at hand as well. I say as long as you can make fresh salsa, you're good!
ReplyDeleteGood luck on your Vegas Garden! Here in VA we don't actually have a garden with foods, but i guess the (small) flower patches in front of our house count as something right? In GA we had a great garden with all sorts of plants, and foods. It was tons of fun! :)
ReplyDelete~kAtE
Good luck! I'm hoping you share all your yummy crops with your friendly neighbors!!
ReplyDeleteI'm excited about you little garden-can't wait to see it in May!
ReplyDeletefresh salsa sounds so wonderful and I love cilantro in everything yum!!
ReplyDelete