TRADITIONS, TRADITIONS......
It has been a long tradition in our family to have a 'fancy' dinner on Valentines Day--When I was young, my Mom always made Valentine's Day special and about how much she loves us-- I LOVED it !!!!... So thanks to her, the tradition continues... we have a fancy, candlelight dinner- topped off with beautiful music playing in the background. I even pull out a table cloth -- we use the fancy plates, the fancy glasses, we actually fold the napkins and put candles on the table, we turn down the lights too-- I send the kids away while I get everything set up then surprise them when it is time to eat. We usually have a 'red' theme to the food we eat-- this year we went with steak (it was red to begin with-) we also have italian sodas-- my kids love them too!! This year I decided to make them each a giant sugar cookie in the shape of a heart with their own personal message. Because of this tradition-- I love valentines day and get so excited to change it up and do something each year that might surpise them. Sometimes I feel like all I do is gripe at them, things like, have you done your chores? Is your homework done? Did you practice piano? Put your stuff away. Did you brush your teeth? Set the table. Where are you going? Did you clean your room... the list goes on and on and on--It is fun to do something special and remind them that I love them all more than life itself and that I feel privelaged and blessed to be their Mother. They give my life so much meaning and purpose. The little notes, the smiles, the hugs make all of the blahhh stuff worth it!! I have the best job in the world-- the hardest at times- but definately the best!! At our house it was a great Valentines Day this year!! (Of course Shane did awesome for me, as usual, with flowers, a surprise breakfast and a sweet note- ...he is my favorite valentine...the best husband a girl could ask for- I thank my lucky stars everyday that I scored him 13 years ago!!!) 
The FINAL Spread!!
















Holy Giant Cookies, Batman!!!! What a fun night! You have made a great tradition! It looked fabulous!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fantastic idea! We've never really done much on Valentines day with the kids. I love it! You rock mommy!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete